Monash University is inviting applications for its Monash Asylum Seekers Scholarship for Undergraduates in Australia for the 2020/2021 academic session.
Are you an asylum seeker on a bridging visa? If you are a high-achieving student with the ambition to change your future, you may be eligible for the Monash Asylum Seekers Scholarship. You will receive 100% international student funding for the Monash undergraduate degree of your choice plus a yearly allowance of $5000.
Monash has increased the number of these scholarships available thanks to the generous donations from Alumni and supporters of the University through the Achieving Potential fund.
Worth of Award
The Scholarship covers;
- Full international student course fees paid for the duration of the degree.
- An allowance of $5000 per year (48 credit points of study) until the minimum points for your degree are completed.
You must meet the following criteria:
- Be an International Student
- A person who is in Australia and has made an application for a protection visa (either a TPV, SHEV or Permanent Protection visa) and is currently on a Bridging Visa E or in Community Detention; or a person who is on a Temporary Protection Visa or a Safe Haven Enterprise Visa.
- A commencing or continuing student enrolled or intending to enroll in an undergraduate degree as an international student at a Monash campus in Australia.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarship;
- You must fill out a separate application form and submit it by the deadline.
- You must have applied for a course, and be offered a place at Monash.
- This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Every scholarship may have a different application process. Read the application details carefully and submit your application by the deadline.
Deadline: Application closes Friday, November 27, 2020.